Breaking news:
Jammu and Kashmir Is an Integral Part of India, Says US Envoy Sergio Gor During Srinagar Visit | Sugar Prices Surge to Record Levels as Ethanol Demand Diverts Cane Supply | India Beat Pakistan in Amstelveen Thriller, Advance to Hockey World Cup Second Round
Logo

Operation Sindoor: India Launches Precision Strikes on Terror Camps in Pakistan and PoK

In a swift and strategic retaliation for the Pahalgam terror attack, Indian forces struck nine terror-linked sites across Pakistan and PoK, reportedly killing over 90 militants 

07-05-2025
image
   

In a coordinated and large-scale operation conducted shortly after midnight, Indian armed forces launched a powerful retaliation against terror camps located in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK). Dubbed Operation Sindoor, the strikes were carried out by all three branches of the military, targeting nine facilities linked to groups responsible for the recent Pahalgam massacre that killed 26 tourists.

Government officials confirmed the operation was a direct response to the April 22 attack and emphasized that the targets were carefully selected terrorist infrastructure. Over 90 militants are believed to have been eliminated in the pre-dawn raids, according to top intelligence sources. Pakistan has condemned the action, calling it a “declaration of war.”

A formal briefing from the Indian military is expected later today around 10 a.m.

How the Operation Unfolded

The first public sign of India’s strike came through a cryptic yet powerful post by the Army on X: “Justice is served. Jai Hind!” A video showing Indian troops conducting combat drills was also shared, captioned: “Ready to strike, trained to win.”

Soon after, the Indian government issued a statement clarifying that the mission was carefully calibrated and did not target any Pakistani military facilities. “The operation was restrained, deliberate, and aimed solely at terrorist infrastructure,” it said.

The Indian embassy in Washington followed up with a detailed communication outlining the evidence linking Pakistan-based operatives to the Pahalgam tragedy — a move seen as aimed at shaping the global narrative and securing international support.

The nine targets included major strongholds of Jaish-e-Mohammed and Lashkar-e-Taiba — in cities such as Bahawalpur, Muridke, Gulpur, Bhimber, Chak Amru, Bagh, Kotli, Sialkot, and Muzaffarabad.

Indian Air Force Rafale jets reportedly carried out the attacks using long-range SCALP missiles and precision-guided Hammer bombs — weapons specifically designed for high-value, fortified targets.

Leadership & Fallout

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who has held several emergency meetings since the Pahalgam killings, was closely monitoring the operation as it unfolded. He had earlier pledged that India would go after every individual and group involved in the attack, including those offering them support.

Following the strikes, Pakistan responded with heavy artillery shelling along the LoC, particularly in the Poonch-Rajouri sector, which led to the deaths of three Indian civilians. This marks the 13th consecutive day of ceasefire violations by Pakistan.

In Islamabad, PM Shehbaz Sharif denounced the strikes, labelling them an “act of war,” and vowed that Pakistan would retaliate. The Pakistani government claimed civilian casualties, reporting eight dead and 33 injured, including women and children.

As a precaution, India suspended flight operations at several northern airports including Leh, Srinagar, Jammu, Amritsar, and Dharamshala. Civilian flights from Srinagar have been temporarily halted. Educational institutions in parts of Kashmir have also been ordered to remain closed.

New Delhi has briefed several global powers — including the US, UK, Russia, and Saudi Arabia — about the strikes. US President Donald Trump, reacting to the developments, said he had anticipated an escalation and called the incident “a shame.”

Image

SNP Leader Martyn Day Marries Kerala-Born Partner Nidhin Chand at Guruvayur T

Scottish politician Martyn Day and his Kerala-born partner Nidhin Chand have completed a traditional

Read More
Image

Delhi Adds 200 E-Buses, Revives Ladies Special Services on Key Routes

Delhi has expanded its public transport network with 200 new electric buses, including dedicated ser

Read More
Image

PM Modi Tops Social Media Performance Ranking as Government Pushes Youth Outr

One-line intro: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the top performer in an internal social

Read More