Breaking news:
Jammu and Kashmir Is an Integral Part of India, Says US Envoy Sergio Gor During Srinagar Visit | Sugar Prices Surge to Record Levels as Ethanol Demand Diverts Cane Supply | India Beat Pakistan in Amstelveen Thriller, Advance to Hockey World Cup Second Round
Logo

Pakistan Shells Border After India’s ‘Operation Sindoor’; 3 Civilians Killed, Terror Camps Targeted

Hours after India’s targeted strikes on terror camps under Operation Sindoor, Pakistani forces opened fire along the LoC and IB, killing three civilians in Jammu and Kashmir 

07-05-2025
image
   

In the aftermath of India’s high-impact counterstrike under Operation Sindoor, Pakistani forces resorted to heavy shelling along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border, killing three civilians, the Indian Army said on Wednesday.

The escalation follows India’s retaliatory action for the April 22 Pahalgam terror attack, which claimed the lives of 26 civilians, most of them tourists. In an official statement, the Indian Army confirmed that Pakistan initiated "unprovoked and indiscriminate firing", resulting in civilian casualties. Indian forces are said to have responded “proportionately” and “very effectively”, using artillery to return fire. According to defence sources quoted by ANI, Pakistan suffered losses in the Indian response.

Earlier in the day, India had carried out a coordinated assault on nine terror hubs across Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK). As part of Operation Sindoor, Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force units targeted sites linked to terrorist outfits Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Hizbul Mujahideen. These locations have been identified as launchpads and training bases for cross-border terrorism.

Among the sites hit were JeM’s stronghold in Bahawalpur, along with Muridke, Kotli, Muzaffarabad, and other known militant camps in Gulpur, Sawani, Bilal, Barnala, Sarjal, and Mehmoona. Sources have indicated that all targets were hit with precision, and no harm came to Indian pilots involved in the operation.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi was reportedly briefed and updated throughout the execution of the strikes. Officials have emphasized that the strikes were “measured and calibrated”, avoiding escalation by steering clear of civilian, economic, or military infrastructure.

While Pakistan has alleged civilian deaths from the strikes—claiming eight were killed—India strongly refuted this. National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, in a call with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio, clarified that only verified terror infrastructure was targeted and that care was taken to avoid civilian casualties. The Indian Embassy in Washington DC also issued a statement reinforcing this position.

Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif denounced the strikes as an “act of war”, warning that Islamabad would respond “appropriately” to what it views as a violation of sovereignty.

Image

SNP Leader Martyn Day Marries Kerala-Born Partner Nidhin Chand at Guruvayur T

Scottish politician Martyn Day and his Kerala-born partner Nidhin Chand have completed a traditional

Read More
Image

Delhi Adds 200 E-Buses, Revives Ladies Special Services on Key Routes

Delhi has expanded its public transport network with 200 new electric buses, including dedicated ser

Read More
Image

PM Modi Tops Social Media Performance Ranking as Government Pushes Youth Outr

One-line intro: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the top performer in an internal social

Read More