Breaking news:
Jammu and Kashmir Is an Integral Part of India, Says US Envoy Sergio Gor During Srinagar Visit | Sugar Prices Surge to Record Levels as Ethanol Demand Diverts Cane Supply | India Beat Pakistan in Amstelveen Thriller, Advance to Hockey World Cup Second Round
Logo

Rock Concert by James Shut Down After Violent Mob Attack at Bangladesh School Event

A music night celebrating a historic school milestone in Bangladesh spiralled into violence after a hostile mob disrupted legendary rocker James’ concert, injuring several students and forcing authorities to cancel the show 

27-12-2025
image
   

What was intended to be a grand cultural finale to commemorate 185 years of Faridpur Zilla School ended abruptly on Friday night when a violent crowd stormed the venue, prompting officials to halt the programme and triggering panic among attendees.

Renowned Bangladeshi rock icon James, widely known as Nagar Baul, was slated to perform at the school campus in Faridpur as part of the anniversary celebrations. Thousands of students, alumni and locals had gathered for the event. However, just minutes before the performance was due to begin around 9:30 pm, a group of individuals attempted to force entry into the concert area.

When organisers and security personnel intervened, the situation escalated quickly. The group allegedly began pelting bricks and stones towards the stage and audience, creating chaos and fear. Several students standing close to the stage were struck by the projectiles, suffering injuries to their heads and limbs.

Eyewitnesses said students tried to fend off the attackers and eventually managed to push them out of the school premises. Despite this, the tense atmosphere prompted swift administrative action to prevent further harm.

By around 10 pm, the district administration instructed organisers to cancel the concert due to concerns over public safety and law-and-order. The announcement was made on stage, and James was escorted away from the venue under security protection. He and his band were unharmed.

Organisers later said they were stunned by the sudden outbreak of violence, noting that all arrangements had been made in coordination with local authorities. Estimates suggest that between 15 and 25 students sustained injuries during the incident.

Local sources indicated that the attackers opposed music and cultural programmes, allegedly demanding that such events not be held. While police have not officially identified the group responsible, the incident has raised alarm over growing resistance to cultural activities in parts of the country.

Law enforcement maintained a strong presence in the area following the disruption, and calm was restored later in the night. No immediate arrests were reported.

The cancelled concert was the concluding highlight of a two-day celebration marking the long history of Faridpur Zilla School, founded in 1840 during the British era. Earlier events included flag hoisting, ceremonial marches, and cultural programmes, all of which concluded without incident before Friday night’s unrest.

Image

SNP Leader Martyn Day Marries Kerala-Born Partner Nidhin Chand at Guruvayur T

Scottish politician Martyn Day and his Kerala-born partner Nidhin Chand have completed a traditional

Read More
Image

Delhi Adds 200 E-Buses, Revives Ladies Special Services on Key Routes

Delhi has expanded its public transport network with 200 new electric buses, including dedicated ser

Read More
Image

PM Modi Tops Social Media Performance Ranking as Government Pushes Youth Outr

One-line intro: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the top performer in an internal social

Read More