Breaking news:
Jammu and Kashmir Is an Integral Part of India, Says US Envoy Sergio Gor During Srinagar Visit | Sugar Prices Surge to Record Levels as Ethanol Demand Diverts Cane Supply | India Beat Pakistan in Amstelveen Thriller, Advance to Hockey World Cup Second Round
Logo

Zeeshan Siddique Receives Death Threat Demanding Rs.10 Crore, Warned of Fate Similar to Father

Former MLA Zeeshan Siddique says he’s received threatening emails demanding ₹10 crore and warning he could be killed like his late father, Baba Siddique 

22-04-2025
image
   

Former Maharashtra legislator and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Zeeshan Siddique revealed on Monday that he has been receiving threatening emails, one of which demanded ₹10 crore and warned he could face the same fate as his late father, Baba Siddique.

According to Siddique, the messages—allegedly from a person claiming ties to the underworld group "D-Company"—have been arriving continuously over the past three days. “The emails say I will be killed like Baba Siddique if I don’t pay ₹10 crore. They also warn me not to go to the police,” Siddique told news agency PTI.

Authorities have launched an investigation into the threats and have begun documenting Siddique's statement as part of the formal inquiry.

Baba Siddique, a senior leader in the NCP faction led by Ajit Pawar, was fatally shot on October 12, 2024. Three armed attackers opened fire on him outside his son Zeeshan’s office in Mumbai’s Bandra East.

Since that tragic incident, Zeeshan has reportedly faced a series of threats. Police suspect several of these are linked to extortion attempts involving the Lawrence Bishnoi gang, which is also under investigation for its alleged role in Baba Siddique’s assassination.

In October last year, a 20-year-old tattoo artist from Noida, Mohammad Tayyab—also known as Gufran Khan—was arrested after he sent eight threatening messages to Siddique’s office via WhatsApp. He claimed to have overheard a plan involving the Bishnoi gang to target Siddique and Bollywood actor Salman Khan using drones. Authorities later said he had fabricated the claims in an attempt to extort money.

That same month, a separate threat was reported when a 56-year-old unemployed man from Bandra West, Azam Mohammed Mustafa, messaged the Mumbai Traffic Police Helpline demanding ₹2 crore from both Siddique and Salman Khan. Mustafa, a former resident of Saudi Arabia, was arrested within 24 hours. Investigators believe his actions were motivated by recent media coverage of threats against public figures.

Following his father’s murder, Zeeshan Siddique was granted 'Y' category security—an official protective measure reserved for individuals considered to be at significant risk.

As of now, the Bandra Police are in the process of registering a formal First Information Report (FIR), according to Deputy Commissioner of Police Nimit Goyal. Investigations are ongoing.

Image

SNP Leader Martyn Day Marries Kerala-Born Partner Nidhin Chand at Guruvayur T

Scottish politician Martyn Day and his Kerala-born partner Nidhin Chand have completed a traditional

Read More
Image

Delhi Adds 200 E-Buses, Revives Ladies Special Services on Key Routes

Delhi has expanded its public transport network with 200 new electric buses, including dedicated ser

Read More
Image

PM Modi Tops Social Media Performance Ranking as Government Pushes Youth Outr

One-line intro: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the top performer in an internal social

Read More