Breaking news:
Jammu and Kashmir Is an Integral Part of India, Says US Envoy Sergio Gor During Srinagar Visit | Sugar Prices Surge to Record Levels as Ethanol Demand Diverts Cane Supply | India Beat Pakistan in Amstelveen Thriller, Advance to Hockey World Cup Second Round
Logo

Meghalaya Honeymoon Turns Deadly: Wife Hired Hitmen to Kill Husband, Now in Custody

A honeymoon in Meghalaya turned into a murder investigation as police allege the wife conspired with contract killers to murder her husband 

09-06-2025
image
   

A shocking twist has emerged in the case of an Indore man who was found dead during his honeymoon in Meghalaya. Police have revealed that his wife allegedly masterminded his murder with the help of contract killers.

The 24-year-old woman, identified as Sonam, reportedly surrendered at a police station in Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh. Her husband, Raja Raghuvanshi, was found dead in a gorge several days after the couple vanished in the scenic Sohra area, officials from Meghalaya confirmed on Monday.

Investigators believe Sonam was romantically involved with another man, Raj Kushwaha, and together they conspired to eliminate her husband. According to police sources, she arranged for assassins from Madhya Pradesh to carry out the killing while they were on what appeared to be a honeymoon trip.

The couple had reached Meghalaya last month and were reported missing on May 23. A local guide told authorities the newlyweds were last seen in the company of three men. On June 2, Raja’s body was discovered in a gorge, and their rented scooter was later recovered abandoned in Sohrarim with its keys still in place — miles from where they were last seen.

The investigation gained momentum when Sonam, who had been off the radar, contacted her family from Ghazipur. Her relatives immediately informed the Indore police, who worked with Uttar Pradesh officials to locate and detain her.

She was taken into custody shortly afterward. A team from Indore has been dispatched to bring her back.

"Sonam Raghuvanshi voluntarily surrendered at the Nandganj Police Station in Ghazipur district and is currently under the protection of Uttar Pradesh Police. Legal formalities are underway for her transfer," said Meghalaya Police in an official release.

Meghalaya's Director General of Police, Idashisha Nongrang, stated that Sonam is suspected of orchestrating her husband’s murder by hiring contract killers. Three of the alleged attackers from Madhya Pradesh have been apprehended so far, while a fourth remains at large.

The case took a crucial turn thanks to a local guide's testimony, who told police he saw the couple with three unidentified individuals before they went missing — a lead that pointed investigators toward a potential homicide.

Reacting to the case, Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma praised the police for their prompt action.

“In just seven days, Meghalaya Police has made significant progress in the murder of Raja Raghuvanshi. Three perpetrators have been arrested, the woman has surrendered, and efforts are underway to locate one more. Great work by the police,” he posted on social media.

However, Sonam's father has dismissed the allegations against his daughter. He accused Meghalaya Police of fabricating the case and said he plans to approach senior political leaders for a CBI investigation.

“My daughter is innocent. Their marriage was approved by both families. From the start, the Meghalaya authorities have been spreading false information. We plan to meet the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister and later the Union Home Minister to demand a CBI probe. Once the investigation is transferred, those officers at the Meghalaya police station will face consequences,” said Devi Singh, speaking to the press.

Image

SNP Leader Martyn Day Marries Kerala-Born Partner Nidhin Chand at Guruvayur T

Scottish politician Martyn Day and his Kerala-born partner Nidhin Chand have completed a traditional

Read More
Image

Delhi Adds 200 E-Buses, Revives Ladies Special Services on Key Routes

Delhi has expanded its public transport network with 200 new electric buses, including dedicated ser

Read More
Image

PM Modi Tops Social Media Performance Ranking as Government Pushes Youth Outr

One-line intro: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the top performer in an internal social

Read More